Police – Information for the Haydon Wick Community

There are lots of ways you can get in touch with your local police. You can call the dedicated 101 number, make contact via https://www.wiltshire.police.uk/ speak to an officer, call in to your local station and when appropriate, dial 999.

The switchboard  is often the first point of contact  for people either  calling 999 in an emergency or for those  calling 101 to report  non-urgent  crime or for advice and information.

The switchboard  helps the Police to prioritise calls they receive, but also need the public’s help to keep the 101 service running effectively.

When to call 101 and 999:

If a crime is occurring now, or has just happened, call 999.  If it isn’t urgent or you are asking for an update or information then call 101.

The Police understand that  it can be very frustrating to be in a call queue and kept waiting. So please help them. When contacting  police, please think before you call and ask yourself- is my call really important and necessary?  Have you checked the website – you may find you get the information  you need more quickly that  way.

Need to report  a crime?

For non-urgent crime, you can report online via the online secure  reporting form https://www.wiltshire.police.uk/

You can also report crime anonymously and securely to Crimestoppers or by calling 0800 555 111.

Need advice? Check online…

The website  has advice about all sorts of issues from parking, nuisance noise and anti-social behaviour, to speeding and crime prevention.  By checking their website before you call, you could save time and get the information or contact  details you need straight away.

Lost or found  property?

Visit https://www.wiltshire.police.uk/Lostandfound to log the details quickly and easily.

Lost dogs

If your dog is lost, you can contact Swindon Borough Council – https://www.swindon.gov.uk/info/20091/animal_welfare/4/report_a_lost_dog  or https://doglost.co.uk/

Should you find a stray dog try and contact the owner. If you can’t then please contact – https://www.swindon.gov.uk/info/20091/animal_welfare/566/missing_and_found_pets


Visit a local police station or enquiry help-desk, where office- staff there can help you if you need to report  a crime or have a query. They can also take details if you’ve been involved  in an accident where the other person has failed to stop, or has not provided insurance details

You can find your closest enquiry office at – https://www.wiltshire.police.uk/Visit


You can email members of Wiltshire Police via the Police website via the online form https://www.wiltshire.police.uk/article/1292/General-Enquiry-Form


For news and information find Wiltshire Police on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/wiltshirepolice or https://www.facebook.com/SwindonPolice/


You can also follow Wiltshire Police on Twitter  for news and updates. The main account on Twitter is @wiltshirepolice or @SwindonPolice

Find out about how we can help, call us on 01793 722446 or message us

Explore our latest news