The Parish Council has a community grants budget which is used to help support local charities and voluntary groups each year with funding to enable them to carry out projects and activities for the benefit of local residents. Our Grants Working Party meets three times a year to consider applications and so far this year we have proudly awarded over £2,140.00 to the following groups: Swindon Scrapstore, Phoenix Enterprises (Assistance Dogs) and The Tuesday Art Group (Haydon Wick). A spokesperson for the Parish Council said:
“We are delighted that we have been able to continue to help our local community and charity organisations during what has been a challenging year for many. We have supported a number of projects this year, not least the Swindon Scrapstore team with food deliveries and support for those shielding within the Parish during National lock-downs. We were thrilled to offer funding to Phoenix Enterprises, to assist with the recruitment and training of Milo the pup, who will become a therapy dog and much valued member of the team. We look forward to seeing the art exhibition of the Tuesday Art Group”.
If you would like to consider applying for a grant for your organisation, project or an upcoming event/activity there are several ways to gain more information and get an application form:
- visit our website: https://haydonwick.gov.uk/community-grants-scheme/
- contact us on 01793 722446
- email firstname.lastname@example.org
Previous recent grant awards include funding for:
- Dorset & Wiltshire Fire Service: to assist with transportation costs to take local schools to driving awareness workshops.
- Wiltshire Bobby Van which provides home security solutions to residents who are over 60 and 18+ with a disability.
- Busy Fingers baby and toddler group to replace broken equipment.
- FC Abbey Meads for additional football kit.
- South West Ambulance Service to purchase a super new chair for assisting people who have had a fall.
Would your community group benefit from a grant? Apply before the 30th September 2021.